The position of a Chief Information Officer (CIO) is now widely accepted as one of the key C-suite roles. The survey results show that 95% of CIOs expect their jobs to change or be remixed due to digitalization.
So, designing a high-impact executive CIO resume can be the difference that can get you in the door. Luckily, it professional resume writers are ready to share CIO resume writing ins and outs.
As I experienced personally as a hiring manager, women tend to ask for lower starting salaries than men if applying for the same positions. But why are we doing that?
My personal observation with my clients as well as many women around me is that most women don’t want to appear demanding or unreasonable with their salary expectations. The most frequent argument I hear from my clients is: “I don’t think the company can afford the salary you suggest.”
So basically we’re already worrying about the company’s financial situation and how we can help them before we even started there. How considerate of us…
Or, even worse: “My female friends told me that this is what I can expect for this position in this industry.”
Really? Do we want to hold each other back by telling each other to ask for the same amount we’re currently earning and not for more? I recently discussed this with a client and challenged this point heavily. Why should you earn the same as your friend in the same position? Do you know if her performance and knowledge equal yours? Can you really compare yourself with her? read more…
So, you have made the decision to hire a professional career coach to help you propel your career forward and make it even more successful.
Now what? Don’t use your phone book in any case as career coach cost may reach up to $80 per hour for their services. Your aim is to find the golden mean and get a great coach for a reasonable price. One of the best ways to select the right coach is applying to a trustworthy service.
Most job seekers and possibly you as well dream of writing a real quick and at the same time 100% winning resume and jump right to the process of applying. That’s when people do a little cheating and have recourse to professional resume samples and templates: after all, what could be easier than finding a nice-looking Internet sample, making slight changes in its content and get it ready in another hour or even less? While it seems like a perfect plan, the actual problem is evident: your document will look the same as everyone else’s, so there’s hardly a chance to complete your job search successfully.
Doesn’t matter if you are writing a Curriculum Vitae for the job of an office manager, sales executive, IT specialist or even a military man. In any case, you’ll be following the CV writing basics during the process.
Likewise, if you apply for the job of a physician, those basic CV writing rules will come in handy as well. However, aside from general rules, there are also specific aspects of physician CV writing that maybe you didn’t know before.
Graphic designers are much luckier than other job hunters. When it comes to writing resumes, they may create it using all of their creativity and imagination. Not many industries allow for the job seekers to directly showcase their work-related skills and abilities with their application document itself.
At the same time, a creative graphic design resume also serves as a sample of your portfolio. Lawyers can’t defend their application in the court. Chefs aren’t given the chance to cook their resume into a pie.
I’ve worked with several women on salary negotiations during the last year and I noticed that many make a big mistake: they name their desired salary way too early in the process and they don’t gamble. They name the amount they want to have straight away. Now there are several problems with this.
You limit your possibilities for negotiation if you tell them how much you really want too early. I know, it’s easy to get pressured into naming a concrete amount by HR or your boss but remember: once you’ve said the amount, you can’t go back anymore.
Consider that: if you tell them the minimum salary that would be ok for you and they offer you less, won’t you be unsatisfied with the outcome? And what if they accept the amount too readily? Won’t it make you feel like you asked for too little? Won’t you doubt if more would have been possible? Won’t you be unsatisfied as well? read more…
Xmas holidays are almost over and job seekers can resume their job search. Great news can cheer up desperate tech job seekers – over 1,000 of Boston tech workers will be hired in 2016. Software and network engineers, sales and marketing professionals, as well as, IT specialists have more chances to get their dream jobs and high salaries in a new year.
Resume Writing Lab posts the list of companies that are ready to get your flawless resumes. The only thing that is left to do is to produce a powerful application document. If you need to get IT resume writing help, apply to professional writing companies and make sure they are real writing experts.
Here is a list of experienced companies and startups that will welcome your resumes this year:
- Lola Travel – is new a Boston startup that was created by Kayak co-founder Paul English is going to provide 250 new employees with working places. In 2015 there were only 30, by the way.
- Current, GE’s – is another new Boston startup that is going to hire 200 new tech workers and offer them tempting opportunities to work in their new Boston-area headquarters which location is still unknown.
- Bullhorn – is a recruiting Boston software firm is a tidbit for every job seeker who is looking for a tech position. This year Bullhorn is planning to increase its headcount to 730 by the end of next year, up from 530.
- Granite Telecommunications – if you want to apply to this Quincy-based telecommunications firm, you can become among those 200 lucky employees that will fulfill 1,700 workers team in 2016.
- Comcast Corp. in Philadelphia that has a department in the Greater Boston is a broadcasting and cable company that will welcome more than 100 customer service workers this year.
- Carbonite – is a cloud backup firm in Boston with a 675 tech workers is planning to hire 100 additional employees to complement their professional team.
- Datadog – is a company that deals with cloud data and infrastructure for companies. This fast-growing company is going to offer 95 new tempting vacancies for new professionals and young job seekers.
- 128 Technology – is company that attracts experienced experts and graduates. This firm is the stealthy venture-backed Burlington software company founded by former Acme Packet co-founders is going to attract even more new employees in 2016. Though its representatives didn’t inform us how many workers they are going to hire this year, it’s obvious that you can fearlessly apply for a job in 128 Technology.
Check special cheat sheet for IT resume here
- Placester is supported by $27 million investment and it allows moving into new headquarters and hiring new professionals. Its CEO claims that this year has already prepared a team of promising professionals and tempting opportunities for them.
- SimpliVity attracts newcomers with its professionalism and experienced team as it has already created a novel IT appliance system aimed at data centers and is going to offer you being a part of this team. A specific number of applicants is unknown but it is supposed to be substantial.
So, you have got a promising list of vacancies in Boston that creates a good platform for your job search. The only thing you have still to do is to figure out how to boost job search this year and follow all directions. In today’s digital era tech and IT experts are highly estimated and appreciated. Therefore, if you are a tech job seeker, just use all recommendations and start you job search. Let it be successful!