Cyber Monday is the best thing for online shoppers. If you are reading this, you probably don’t need to Google this term. However, in a couple of words, Cyber Monday is Monday after Thanksgiving Day when Americans can shop online for affordable prices. Lots of discounts on this day allow people to purchase cool things.
This day is perfect opportunity for job seekers to order effective resume for affordable prices! Lots of helping services specialize in resume preparation online and can offer their help for available prices.
If you decided to write application document independently, use tips of Resume Wriitng Lab to write a cyber-safe resume as professional.
Protect Your Identity With:
Minimizing Contact Information
This step will help you to safe identity and safe from your employer the fact that you are looking for a new job (if you do). Your work or home number, address or work email refer to personal information that should be replaced with your personal cell phone number and email.
Transforming Employment History
Next step is going to be your employment history. The main goal you must pursue is to present this information in the way your current employer won’t figure out that this resume is yours. For this purpose, you should, obviously, hide the name of your company and your current employer. Replace it with general information, like:
‘Johnson & Stevenson, Inc’ changes into software developing company. Clarifying the field in which your company specifies not giving its accurate title or name is easy. And always remember to be thankful during job search.
Removing Key Words
Furthermore, don’t forget to replace original information related to particularly yours company. Keywords like state or federal license number, trademark, service mark, patent should be promptly removed from your resume.
Don’t think that then your document will seem to be plain and uncompetitive. Your powerful education history and a history of your previous jobs as well as skills section will do the trick.
Now, when you make sure that your current employer won’t find out about your new job search, it’s time to make your email and resume read. Here are a couple of useful tips:
- In real life people are judged by appearance at first. But on Internet your email address and subject line tend to make the very first impression and say a lot about your competency. Of course [email protected] or [email protected] can impress your potential recruiter but not in the way it should. You won’t fail if you use your first and last name.
- Still, it would be better if you relate your email address to the position you are applying. If your potential employer gets email from [email protected], he will promptly get its purpose. If this name is already taken, add your zip code, area code, town, year of birth (not that good, though). Such emails are not only professional, but also useful. What is more, such professional-oriented names help to protect your identity.
- Getting dozens of junk mails daily, your potential recruiter will be thankful if you, the one with flawless email, will provide a clear subject line. Here you should mention a position you are applying for, a source where you’ve find this ad and brief IMPORTANT information about your previous job, for instance.
- As both your subject line and email itself shouldn’t be long, use abbreviations.
Now, you finished writing your resume and produced a flawless document. Next step is looking for a job on the Internet. Get a couple of tips that will help to make your job search effective. Using Twitter is not a bad idea. There you can find follow such account Raytheon_Jobs and check the latest job openings spending less time.
Though, it is necessary to follow the following directions:
- Create a short, memorable and professional-oriented username (@SoftwarePro is okay).
- Your account name shouldn’t be unique. You can even use your real name. It will be useful.
- Your profile photo shouldn’t be placed there for fun. The best variant is to use you headshot from LinkedIn.
- Profile bio should reflect your goal: you are looking for a job – what kind of job, why are you suitable for this job. Use as many keywords as possible and make it professional.
Now everything is ready for the online job search.